Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A good book and a cup of tea...


I remember a time, seems like forever ago now, but once not to long ago I had a true love for reading books. I would grab a book, a big comfy blanket, a warm cup of tea, and completely lose myself in a book. Sometimes reading from cover to cover in one siting because I just could not tear myself away from it. Those were the days...
Now and days, however, that is not the case. I usually find my only reading material to be my daughter's homework, instructions for toys, Sunday newspaper fliers (hmm..don't think that counts)or some other sort of useless reading material. On top of that I usually have to FIND time to eat everyday, because my 2 boys keep me so busy. So Finding time to actually sit and read a book seemed virtually impossible!! And honestly, up until a couple weeks ago, I had not sat and read a book in AGES!
Well my friend Magda told me that I had to read this book called "Something borrowed" a story of 2 friends, and a crazy love triangle. So, I borrowed the book and decided I was going to make time for myself to read this book. So I did, while making breakfast, while picking up my daughter from school, and at night while everyone was sleeping, with a warm cup of tea. I had once again found my passion for books that had been lost so long ago. And in about 2 days, I had finished that book! I forgot how good it felt to actually sit and read a book, and finish it without it feeling like a chore. By the way, I loved the book!! Definitely a girly book about friendship and love, nothing heavy (i hate heavy books) just kind of light and very interesting!! So needless to say i was hooked, and lucky for me there was a 2nd book to this series called "something blue" So again here i was..reading while the kids were eating, while they were in the tub, while i was "cleaning" ;) And in about 1 1/2 days I finished that book too. Once i had finished those books, i wondered how i could have ever stopped reading, especially when i enjoyed it so much. But, I guess you kinda of lose that passion in between late night feedings, sleep deprived days, and round the clock care of  sick kids....i guess. Well not anymore! Reading has proven to be a great stress reliever, it calms me down and puts me in my own world where even my screaming kids cannot bother me. And trust me when i say, stress relievers are needed on a hourly basis in this house!
 So now here i am....book less...searching for another book to wrap myself up in. I have a couple of potentials, but i want a book that will satisfy my craving and leave me anticipating the next one! Sooo...if you have any suggestions i would LOVE to hear them! In the meantime....my tea is getting cold waiting for the next good book
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment