Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My #1 project....the boys room

So, for the time being my current project is my boys room. We are turning into from princess room to dinosaur room! Drastic change right?! So it has been a slow process, but things are finally starting to move along, and i am soooo excited to see the end result! So far we have accomplished getting the carpet out, and I just finished painting the wall. The picture is a little deceiving, but it's kinda of a bright moss color, which is going to go great with the dinosaur comforter set i chosen for them. You wouldn't believe how much a little paint can transform a room, and so far I am very pleased with the way it's coming along.
I think part of the reason it has taken so long to get this project going, is because i was having the hardest time trying to find the right comforter set for the boys.  I wanted dinosaurs, but I didn't want dark greens and browns, they are toddlers so dark colors were definitely a NO! But, after a successful shopping trip with my friend, Magda, I found the PERFECT set!It is dinosaur prints with bright greens, bright oranges, yellows, and blues. Which is think is perfect for their age.  So now we just have to start to put the room together. which entails Wood floors going in, bunk bed put up, vertical blinds up, and bed set on! Can't wait til it's finished...I'll keep you posted on the updates!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment: