Monday, April 18, 2011

A Little about me...

My crazy life is probably the best way to describe what i have going on here. Always busy, always running here or there, some one's usually crying or whining. Which is usually accompanied by a mess, or soon to be mess, that more than likely involves something sticky. Yup, that's a regular day here...And right when i think i cant take anymore, and just as i am about to lose my mind, amongst all the chaos....i stop for a quick second and think there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be....well...for the most part.

So now my story....my name is Melissa, i am a 31 yr old wife and mother of three very active children, Marissa 7 yrs old, Mateo soon to be 4, and John-John a 2yr old in the midst of terrible 2's (not fun). I have been married for 11 yrs to my wonderful husband, Rick, with whom i have been with since my freshman year in high school.
 I come from a very big family, i have 5 sisters, yup 5! And to answer the question everyone asks, "no brothers?!" It's a big nope! even all our dogs were girls! I am very close to my family and they mean the world to me, so when one of "us" is missing in action, you can definitely tell!
 This year is going to be a very busy year for our family. First, Two of my sisters are getting married this year, which means 2 wedding showers, 2 bachlorette parties, and of course 2 weddings. Lets see what else....our house is under construction, we have some important Dr's appointments coming up, vacations, birthday parties, and somewhere in there our normal everyday life. So i hope you enjoy all the stories, memories, and new adventures that are sure to come, im sure there will be plenty. Well im off to bed, so i'll leave you with one of my favorite memories from my daughter..
Marissa was about 3 yrs old, and had just won her 1st goldfish from the local carnival. Which was also about to become her 1st encounter with death. So we bring the fish home, and take all the approriate steps. Clean water, fresh food, new fish bowl, EVERYTHING! Only to wake up the next morning to a very dead goldfish. My first thought is run to the pet store and replace the fish, but before i can fill my husband in on my plan i hear a blood curdling scream. My husband, has informed our 3 year old daughter that her goldfish is dead, and the next step is to flush the fish down the toliet bowl. Any other time this would be appropriate, but for my 3 yr old's first encounter with death i suggest a "proper burial" My husband, however, declines and ensures me the toliet bowl will do just fine.
 Sooo after a small prayer we place the fish in the toliet and my husband quickly flushes the toliet. Which is quickly followed by the loud, heart broken cries of our daughter. I console her and asure her that "goldie" (that was the fishes name) is now happily swimming in heaven with GOD. Marissa smilies, and quickly moves on.
 Later that day, Marissa has to use the bathroom so i sit on the tub to wait for her. As she sits on the toliet, she dangles her feet swinging them back and forth. Suddenly, she loses her grip from the toliet and her little behind dips into the water. She quickly JUMPS off the toliet bowl, and clutches her chest as she tries to calm herself. Then she turns to me and says "phew...that was close mom! I almost died and went to GOD!" moral of this story.........First experience with death should not involve a toliet bowl. :) Good night and Sleep tight! Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment